Thursday 11 June 2009

Much anticipation - I should have known better

After three years in the Commons you would think I would have learnt not to get too excited about reports of radical reform proposals from this Government. This week we had the prospect of electoral reform. Perhaps, just maybe, at last, a death bed conversion - but no just a promise to think about it from our conservative, defender of the establishment PM.

The Tories and Labour were united for a brief paragraph. United in condemnation of change. Determined to defend their in built advantage. I suppose I shouldn't criticise them for defending a system that has padlocked their grip on power for decades.

Apparently PR gave us the BNP. Apparently it had nothing to do with those who voted for them. No it was all because of the system!

I'll not get my hopes up again in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment