Monday 15 June 2009

Living off the land

My Saturday nights have not been wild since I was a student through in Paisley - even then they weren't that wild. But last weekend instead of touring the pubs and clubs I spent a beautiful evening collecting wood with my good neighbour Duncan.
You see Duncan has installed a - what seems like an industrial sized - wood burner in his garage to heat his house and water. It's so big I reckon it could heat the street. This wood burner is hungry and swallows up large quantities of trees.

We would have collected the wood if we had spotted the swamp before it was too late. An hour later and with the help of the farmer and his tractor we started upon our task. I suspect we'll be back though as there's lots more to chop and his burner is still hungry.

So much for living off the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment