Thursday 11 June 2009

Coal carrying - will I again?

I'm tempted to endure the pain that will surely follow from taking part in the annual Scottish Coal Carrying Championships in Kelty later this month. I'm tempted as I hear that my good friend and Labour Councillor Willie Sullivan is training for the event.

Avid followers of the race will know that I was runner up in 2003 and third in 2006. So I've got a reputation to defend. We've just started beating Labour in West Fife and I'd rather that didn't change even if it means carrying a hundred weight (56kilos) for 1 km along Kelty Main Street again.



The race takes place at 12.15pm in Kelty on Saturday 27th June. For more information contact Michael Boyle, 23 Westcroft Way, Kelty, 01383-831782 / 07715304798.

No comments:

Post a Comment