Saturday 19 September 2009

Culross deserves empty homes from National Trust for Scotland

I can understand why the National Trust for Scotland are having a tough time if Culross is an example of how they manage their affairs.

Almost from when I was first elected I have been urging the Trust to make available for rent the empty homes they own in the small village of Culross on the banks of the River Forth.

Four properties have been left empty for years whilst many people languish on the housing list. They promised two years ago that it was being dealt with and said they were considering refurbishing them for holiday lets. Yet nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done and now the natives are getting restless - I'm with them.

Every week I get a string of people seeking my assistance to secure a home of their own to rent and as the weeks go by I feel increasingly frustrated that not only has the Scottish Government cut Fife's house building budget by £4.6million but now one of Scotland's biggest charities has homes that are already built but refuse to release them.

I think it's now time the Trust handed over the properties to a housing association. They are desperate for homes to let out and am sure would bite their hand off for these properties.

No comments:

Post a Comment